An English company is required to submit the following returns at least once a year, which are:


  • Confirmation Statement
  • Annual Account
  • Corporation Tax
  • VAT Declaration
  • Payroll (if employed in the company)
  • Self Assessment Declaration



Confirmation Statement Statement:

Company, material, or title changes must be reported here. In addition, you must specify who is responsible for the company’s decisions (PSCs) and how many percent.

This change in the share capital has taken place, and the SIC codes are already mandatory. (if not specified at the time of foundation or only partially)



Annual Account & Corporation Tax Return:

An English company was founded on May 15, 2016. End of tax year: May 14, 2017

The first full tax is from 15 May 2016 to 14 May 2017. In this case, a so-called Broken Tax, which will be broken from May 15, 2017 to May 31, 2017, will be created.

This is because the English tax authority (HMRC) aligns the tax year with the Companies House database for the first tax year, so that the returns after the first tax year can be submitted to both HMRC and Companies House at the same time. From this point on, every subsequent accounting tax year will be adjusted to this date, so the company will be taxed for the following tax year:

From 01/06/2017 to 2018/05. and so on.


Some of the declarations have a significant reporting deadline, while others have to be submitted on time.


Staying with the above example, our company expired on 17/05/2017 with the tax of 2016/17, so you will have to submit a tax return, which you will have to submit within 9 or nine months, or pay the corporation tax.

In other words, nine months after the expired tax year, we have set aside the amount of tax that may have been incurred – in 9-month installments – and pay the total amount of the unpaid tax to the tax authority before the deadline.


VAT Return (VAT)

Companies that have already reached the current turnover limit (which represents £ 85,000 this year) or companies that voluntarily register for VAT and even £ 85,000 are required to declare VAT. – No significant traffic has been achieved, but you want to make taxable traffic.

VAT returns are quarterly, the deadline for preparing returns and paying VAT is the 7th of the second month following the end of the reporting period.

(for example, the deadline for submitting a declaration for the period from January 1 to March 31 is May 7)


Reporting Periods:

  • January – April – July – October
  • February – May – August – November
  • March – June – September – December




All businesses need a Paye Registration Number for payroll.

If this is not already the case, order it using the following link:

Once the registration is completed (usually within two weeks of the order, it will arrive at the home address), the authority will issue one:

  • Registration Number and One
  • Account Office Number

numbers that can help you start payroll accounting in your company. You need to fill out the following form to report a new employee:

  • Entering Employee registration:
  • Exit Employee Registration:


When entering a new employee, you should also specify how many times the company would like to pay the employee a wage-related income. Possible ways to do this are:

  • weekly
  • biweekly
  • week four


Self Assessment Declaration

Anyone who:

  • is a director of a company
  • who has more than 100,000 pounds of annual income and who
  • Self Employed

To submit your return, please visit our website: